April 4, 2000Coast Electronics
Supply Recalls Volt Converter
Cerritos, CA (SafetyAlerts) - Coast Electronics
Supply is voluntarily recalling about 18,000 AC converters after a 4-year old boy was
shocked when he grasped the end of the cord.
These converters are used to convert
overseas consumer products that run on 220 volts to American household current at 110
volts and vice-versa. The product presents an electrical shock hazard because the
unplugged end of the cord is energized when the other end is plugged in.
The converter is available in nine
different watts varying from 100 watts to 3000 watts. It is labeled in part, "UP/DOWN
Small electronic stores in
California, Colorado, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon and Texas sold the product for $25
Stop using the product immediately
and return it to the store where purchased for a full refund.
For more information, contact Coast
Electronics Supply at (800) 262-7818 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. PT Monday through
Notice of this product warning was
sent via email to SafeMail
subscribers April 4, 2000.
Safety Alerts compiles
comprehensive safety recall information for the United States. SafeMail is a free email
service to warn consumers of faulty products and contaminated foods. For complete
information regarding current recalls, past recalls and timely product warning
notification visit: www.safetyalerts.com.