(301) 504-0580 Ext. 1193
|Release # 93-030
Holiday Brass Candle Lamp Recalled By
Frank Ginsberg Enterprises
Recall by Loomco International
PRODUCT: Holiday Brass Candle Lamps
manufactured by Kobitz, item number 95062. The candle lamps were distributed during last
year's holiday shopping season.
PROBLEM: Conductor wires attached at the light bulb socket may easily pull out during use
and could pose a potential electrocution hazard.
WHAT TO DO: Return to place of purchase for a full refund of purchase price or return to:
Frank Ginsberg Enterprises
5390 Bircher Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63120
Postage will be refunded. For more information, call: 1-800-383-3436.
WASHINGTON, DC -- Some 14,212 imported electric brass candle lamps, sold during last
year's holiday shopping season by 21 retailers, are being voluntarily recalled by Frank
Ginsberg Enterprises, St. Louis, MO. The lamps present a potential electrocution hazard.
CPSC has numerous reports of sparking and shorting associated with the lamps and at least
one reported electric shock incident. Conductor wires attached to the light bulb socket
may easily pull out during use, posing a potential shock and electrocution hazard.
Recalled are the eight-inch and nine-inch candle lamps, manufactured by Kobiiz, item
number 95062, with UL-listed cords and seven watt bulbs, packaged in boxes labeled
"Trimmings, Etc." The lamps were handcrafted in Taiwan for Bradlees Department
stores. Bradlees previously recalled the lamps that were sold in its stores. The lamps
currently being recalled were sold at the following stores:
- Ace Hardware Corp. in Oak Brook, IL;
- Four Star Marketing of Lincolnwood, IL;
- Bargains R Us of Mohegan Lake, NY;
- Dutchess Job Lot of Poughkeepsie, NY;
- Middletown Job-Lot of Middletown, NY;
- Troy Atrium of Troy, NY;
- Ulster Job Lot of Kingston, NY;
- Big Value Outlet of Rayham, MA;
- Gabriel Brothers Discount of Morgantown, WV;
- Guadalupe Lumber Co. of San Antonio, TX;
- Texas Drug Warehouse of Dallas, TX;
- Hudson Salvage Center of Ellisville, MS;
- Jobbers Odd Lot of Murray, UT;
- Mardens Inc. of Waterville, ME;
- Miami Depot of Hialeah, FL;
- Ollies Bargain Outlet of Mechanicsburg, PA;
- Rick's Toys of Somerville, NJ;
- Taggart International of East Brunswick, NJ;
- United International of Troy, MI;
- Value Distributors of Beaverton, OR; and
- Wal Mart Stores, Inc. of Bentonville, AR.
The lamps sold for $3.00 each.
The lamps should be returned to the store where purchased for a full refund. Consumers can
also return them to: Frank Ginsberg Enterprises, 5390 Bircher Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63120.
All postage costs will be refunded. For additional information consumers may call:
CPSC is announcing this recall as part of its mission to protect the public from
unreasonable risks of injury and death associated with consumer products. The Commission's
objective is to reduce the estimated 28.5 million injuries and 21,600 deaths associated
each year with the 15,000 different types of consumer products under CPSC's jurisdiction.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety
Commission protects the public from the unreasonable risk of injury or death from 15,000
types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction. To report a dangerous product
or a product-related injury and for information on CPSC's fax-on-demand service, call
CPSC's hotline at (800) 638-2772 or CPSC's teletypewriter at (800) 638-8270. To order a
press release through fax-on-demand, call (301) 504-0051 from the handset of your fax
machine and enter the release number. Consumers can report product hazards to email@example.com.